||Ensure in-person learning in a safe, welcoming environment for all students and staff, focused on teaching and learning while minimizing the risk for disruption within the learning environment
||HCPS will make a full return to in-person learning in the fall. The 2021-22 school year begins Wednesday, Sept. 8 and is set to include five days a week of full-length schoHCPS will make a full return to in-person learning in the fall. The 2021-22 school year begins Wednesday, Sept. 8 and is set to include five days a week of full-length school days.ol days.HCPS will make a full return to in-person learning in the fall. The 2021-22 school year begins Wednesday, Sept. 8 and is set to include five days a week of full-length school days.
HCPS will continue to follow the latest health and safety guidance, which will include indoor mask-use and other recommendations of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the Virginia Department of Health.
Bus ramp is located on the south side of Buildings A and B and just west of the parent car loop. The bus loop entrance and exit are off of Bethlehem Road.
- Staff members (Stokes, Abinette, Keeton) will dismiss students bus-by-bus and support 3 foot distancing
- If students do not have a mask, staff member will issue a mask.
- Other staff members (Robl, Cooper, Scott, and Perry) will be positioned throughout the campus to ensure a 3 foot distance as students proceed to classrooms
- PARENT DROP-OFF:
- Davis will be directing traffic in the parking lot
- Walker, Fontes, and Shine will be in the car loop. Each staff member will dismiss the cars one at a time
- Staff members will instruct students to proceed down the hallway to class
- Teachers will be standing outside of their classrooms during arrival.
- Classroom doors will be propped open but locked, so students do not need to touch the handles.
- Students should use hand sanitizer when entering the classroom or wash hands
- Crates area available to store their backpacks and outerwear as needed
- Teachers will use dismissal information to issue colored cardstock to students with student first name and teacher name.
- If a teacher does not know how a student will go home, he/she will place the “Transportation Needed” document outside for the administrators to pick up in the morning.
- COLORED LAMINATED CARDSTOCK FOR BUSES & CAR DISMISSAL BACKPACK TAGS
- ZIP TIES
- Teachers will call parents to determine how they will be dismissed
- Students must be at school to be counted present for the day.
- Signage will be posted to remind students of proper handwashing procedures after bathroom usage.
- When students are eating, they will sit in their assigned seat, 3 feet apart, to ensure proper distancing while eating in the classroom without a mask on.
- Trash will be placed outside of their classroom for the custodial staff to pick up.
- Ensure students are packed and ready to go at dismissal with social distancing.
- Staff members will be positioned throughout the campus to ensure a 3 foot distance as students proceed to their designated buses.
- Once all students are safely on the bus, the staff member will dismiss the bus.
- Bus dismissal will begin with D and trailers, C, B, and A buildings. (Bus dismissal should take about 10 mins)
- Teacher partners will share dismissal duties, one teacher will supervise car riders (in class) the other teacher will walk the bus riders from both classes to the bus.
|Car Rider Dismissal
- Parents/guardians will pick up students in the car loop with the visible pass.
- At dismissal, teachers will escort students from A & D buildings to the main hallway. Staff will be monitoring students in the hallways while waiting for dismissal.
- Students will call student names over channel 2 on the walkie talkie.
- Desks will be placed 3 feet apart
- Plexiglass dividers will be available for student use
- Soft seating/soft items such as pillows must be removed
- Cleaning is a shared community responsibility. Everyone will need to participate in cleaning activities throughout the day.
- Each classroom will have wipes and hand sanitizer. If you need additional supplies, let Taylor, Freudnt or Stokes know by sending an email.
- As the admin team is replacing PPE, they will keep track of the PPE Inventory using the Johnson PPE Inventory sheet.
- Teachers will need to clean high touch areas with wipes throughout the day.
- Teachers establish a handwashing schedule to be completed throughout the day.
- Students wipe down chairs and desks and wash hands prior to leaving for the day.
- Custodians will wipe down everything again when they clean rooms in the evening.
- The clinic is used for distribution of medication and non-sick visits.
- The isolation room is our room behind the stage with a bathroom. Students with COVID-19 symptoms will enter, with the nurse, from the back of the cafeteria and go directly to the isolation room.
- Teachers will use the Walkie to contact the nurse in the event that a student is showing COVID-19 symptoms.
- Nurse will call the clinic back up personnel, on the Walkie, to cover the clinic.
- The nurse will go to the classroom and retrieve the student and provide the student with a medical mask and escort the student to the isolation room.
- Nurse will follow care and reporting protocol.
|Code of Conduct Considerations
- Warning for students refusing to not wear a mask, that was not related to a medical concern. Followed up with a phone call to parent/guardian.
- Students should wear masks for their intended use.
- Guests sign in at the front office and are required to complete the COVID-19 acknowledgement form.
- Staff who have accounts in TalentPerform should “sign” the Screening Acknowledgement Form in TalentPerform. This form is newly added to TalentPerform folders.
- Staff who do not have access to TalentPerform should print and sign page 1 of the form attached to this email and provide the signed form to their immediate supervisor. Use page 2 to conduct the daily self-screening.
- A new COVID-19 Health Screening Acknowledgement Form must be signed (via TalentPerform or hard copy as applicable), even if a form was signed last school year.
- The Acknowledgement form is to be signed only once for the 2021-2022 school year, and not each time an employee reports to an HCPS building.
- Teachers and the office will maintain an updated seating chart for each classroom.
- Anyone who tests positive for COVID-19; has had exposure to anyone with COVID-19; or someone is getting COVID-19 tested will be documented on the Tracing Link by Taylor or Stearns.
- School counselors will follow all safety/health mitigation strategies to maintain safe and secure counseling environments for students and themselves School counselors will use a physical barrier(plexiglass) when meeting with students.
- School counselors will wash their hands and/or utilize hand sanitizer before and after each counseling service is provided.
- School counselings spaces (chairs, desks, tables, touchpoints, etc.) should be thoroughly cleaned and disinfected between uses.
- School counselors should keep daily calendars to document and record all counseling services and interactions provided (ie. student(s)/teacher(s) name(s), duration of service(s), location of service(s), etc.) for contact tracing purposes.
- Daycare vehicles will still be utilizing the car loop.
- At dismissal, students from A and D building will be brought to the main hallway. Staff members will be monitoring students until dismissal.
- The staff member in the car loop will call the daycare for dismissal.
- Communicate with families regarding the plans for any upcoming Exceptional Education meetings.
- Exceptional Education meetings can be held virtually.
- Review integrated services classrooms and setup to ensure spacing is appropriate for maximum social distancing and provide for appropriate service delivery.
- Depending on the size of the group, Ex. Ed. teachers will either push in or pull out student groups (maintaining seating chart)
- Division Wide trips do not need approval
- School Field Trips, complete transition form to outdoor venues in Quarter 1
- We will have signs posted around campus
- Sign: JJ in a mask holding a sign about proper mask wearing
- Sign: Wear your mask and stay 3 feet apart
- No outside visitors for lunch or visitors bringing meals to the office for lunch.
- As soon as each student finishes lunch, he or she needs to put his/her mask back on.
- Students and staff will wear masks at all times whether indoors at all times (except lunch).
- Students may wear a lanyard to hold their masks when not in use.
- Masks will cover the nose and mouth
- Extra masks will be available upon student arrival as the student gets off the bus or out of their car.
- Students will remain 6 feet apart when their mask is removed.
- When eating or drinking, masks may be removed momentarily. Students must remain 6 feet apart when masks are removed.
|Materials for Learning
- Students will use hand sanitizer prior to and after using shared materials.
- Individual book boxes or bags will be used. Each student will have their own and not share with others.
- Students will use only their own laptop, iPad.
||JOHNSON SPECIFIC PLANS:
- Action Team, Leadership, VCSIP, Committee, Professional Development, and Staff, Team/Grade Level Meetings will be held in person unless otherwise noted
- Staff will wear a mask and maintain 3 feet social distance
- Students will wash hands or use hand sanitizer before and after recess.
- Assigned Zones for each zone will be provided.
- Students may not play games that require them to touch/tag one another; encourage games and play that have students spread out.
- Students in the same class can share recess equipment.
- Students may take their masks off and hang them on their lanyard during recess. Students must be six feet apart since this is a mask break. If this isn’t possible, students need to wear masks.
- Unstructured recess activities may include activities outside or inside the classroom.
||JOHNSON SPECIFIC PLANS:
- PE teachers will maintain 3-6 feet social distance with masks on for indoor PE. Mask are not required for outdoor PE, however students must maintain 3-6 feet of social distancing through class.
- Books should be handled only by the student and staff.
- All materials returned to the library will be held for 24 hours to avoid spread of germs.
- Students will be able to choose books/types of books through checkout procedures provided by school library staff.
- Students and staff sanitize hands before and after library visit.
- Common supplies will be cleaned between classes by the LAMP teachers. (Cleaning supplies will be provided to these teachers.)
||JOHNSON SPECIFIC PLANS:
- If a student uses the promethean board pen or a promethean board, the teacher will wipe it down after use
|Volunteers and Visitors
- We will only be outdoors on campus. They will follow the same procedures of filling out Volunteer forms before volunteering or chaperoning a field trip.
- Visitors are encouraged to make an appointment.
- Visitors will need to wear mask and continue to practice social distancing.
- Students may drink water throughout the day by removing their mask anytime they need to take a sip of water and replacing their mask immediately after.